Welcome to BionicBong.com, a site written about Japan by bloggers that live in Japan or have traveled to it. BionicBong.com is for everyone. Anyone can contribute, but only posts related to Japan will be accepted. Contributors are responsible for proofreading and editing their own posts. You can upload images and arrange post layouts as well. Contributors are limited to two posts every week, so please put your best works here.
OK, so you aren’t new to blogging or maybe you are…Do you have a blog on Japan? Add an article from your blog with a link to it here on Bionicbong.com and get more visitors to your site. Our readers are interested in you! Need a blog? Live in Japan? Join our LIfe In Japan Blog Project. – Click here.
Don’t know where to start? No problem. Register to the site and start submiting your articles immediately. By registering you automatically become a contributor!
After you register…follow these steps to get started…
- Once you are registered you should log in to the site. Once in you will be taken to your profile page that looks like the picture above.
- Click on Add New to create your post
- Enter a title in the top field.
- Add your article’s text in the big box in the middle.
- You can add images by clicking on the images Upload/Insert button. It’s the first graphic that looks like a gray square with a white frame around it.
To Add YouTube video:
and put it in the post where you want it.
Select a Category for your article by checking the checkboxes.
- Add any Tags
- Click the ‘Submit for Review’ button and your done!
How to write an article.
Need some help writing…First choose a section or subject for your article. BionicBong.com has many topics. You can chose anything to write about, but we would like it to be related to Japan, so if you have an article please submit it. If we don’t have a category for it – we might make a category for it.
BionicBong.com is a collection of articles, facts, artwork, photographs, and maps of various parts of Japan. Although we cover a wide range of topics, our emphasis is on art, culture, history, and travel.
We provide information and resources that is useful to our readers, whether they are just curious, want to learn about Japan or a particular subject, or they are planning their own real or virtual trips to Japan.
We have a diverse readership: individual travelers with an interest in Japan; travel professionals who are involved in the travel market, armchair travelers interested in Japan, educators, researchers, adoptive parents, business people, students, veterans and Asian-Americans.
Our Writers and Photographers
Our writers and photographers are people who come from a broad range of professions and traveled to Japan either in the course of business or out of personal interest. Some even live in Japan. Many of them are amateur writers and photographers and were moved by the region’s beauty and the friendliness of its people to contribute articles and pictures to BionicBong.com. Several of our regular contributors have studied the local language, culture, and art in depth. Some are recognized experts in their respective fields.
What Makes Up BionicBong.com
What we publish is broadly about Japan. Written articles, photographic essays, and fact files. These are divided into topics: art, culture, fashion, food, literature, music, people, shopping, travel, etc. Written articles range between 500 to 2,000 words. Photo essays generally have 10-12 photographs with long descriptive captions.
What We Look For
We want to promote Japan in a positive light because we believe it is a fantastic travel destination. We look for personal accounts of travelers in Japan and also people that live in the country.
Some of our most popular features have been stories by veteran travelers and people living in the country and some are by students, emigrants, or some who left at a very young age and are now curious about their heritage.
These stories should be relatively current. Our readers would like to know about you, the writer or photographer, why you happened to be in Japan or why you live in Japan, where and how you’ve traveled, the people you’ve met, what you’ve enjoyed, and your feelings about your visit or living experience. The topics you cover could be anything in which you have expertise or interest.
Here’s a list of some sections on the site:
- Cooking and Parties – Recipes and Food
- Eco – Anything to do with the environment
- Pop culture
- Traditional Culture
- Video Games
- As an example let’s say you chose Restaurants or Cooking and Recipes as your category to write an article about Shabu-Shabu. Never heard of Shabu-Shabu? Find out what is and write an article on it. This example can apply to all other articles as well.
- Give a history. How did it begin? Start with a writing about the history of shabu-shabu. What city was it made in first and where does it comes from originally?
- How is shabu-shabu prepared?
- What types of shabu-shabu are there? How do you eat it? What sauces are popular to eat with it? What side dishes come with it usually?
- What’s the average price of shabu-shabu?
- Where can you get shabu shabu?
- List 2 or 3 restaurants which you would recommend with information such as the price range, phone, address, and website of the restaurants.
Thanks for reading and contributing.