FUKUSHIMA — The government will allow those who evacuated from the 20-km radius no-go zone around the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant to visit their homes for up to five hours, officials said Monday.
The announcement was made as prefectural officials were preparing to cull dying livestock in the fallout-contaminated area.
Prime Minister Naoto Kan said at the Diet that he would like to see the evacuees’ visits begin after the Golden Week holidays through early May. The details were explained to municipalities in the 20-km hot zone, which was legally designated as off-limits last week.
Read the rest of the story: Evacuees get home visits of five hours.