The beloved master of Kung Fu and action-packed films, Jackie Chan is known for insanely crazy stunts and the strange kid cartoon. However, Japanese beermaker Kirin has made Jackie Chan look hilarious for a 7 minute short film involving beer and Tokyo. It’s Drunken Master all over again!
Here’s something not all Jackie Chan fans see every day. Japanese beer maker, Kirin instils the help of martial artist Jackie Chan and Shoko Nakagawa for a short film. Interestingly enough, all this was to promote and advertise Kirn’s Nogodoshi Draft Beer.
Probably the best part of the short film is the typical one liner from the guy holding a fan. Of course, Jackie Chan comes in to save the day in his iconic Drunken Master style with a staff causing the villain to explode after being launched in the air.
The short film might not be enough to bring on the urge to drink Kirin’s special Nogodoshi Draft Beer but the direction and choreography definitely did the short justice. Fans of Chan will certainly remember him as the Drunken Master and commemorate it with a Kirin beer.
Fans of Chan might as well thank Kirin’s ordinary 34-year old office worker, Kazuo Ishida, for the idea. The seven minute video was done all thanks to a 39-item checklist by Ishida in hopes for his dream to come true. The original checklist is as follows.
- Dream 1: I want to be a kung fu action star…
- Dream 2: …and work with Jackie Chan.
- Dream 3: The leading lady should be Shoko Nakagawa (Shokotan)…
- Dream 4: …the main villain: my buddy from university.
- Dream 5: I want a scene where Jackie, Shokotan, and I are eating together.
- Dream 6: Jackie is drinking tea.
- Dream 7: I want to use like a chair or something in a fight.
- Dream 8: And I’ll hit a bunch of guys with it like bam, bam, bam!
- Dream 9: Then I want break that chair.
- Dream 10: I want Jackie Chan to do something cool in the end scene. Ummmm….
- Dream 11: I want the bad guys to come to kidnap Shokotan.
- Dream 12: I throw narutomaki at someone.
- Dream 13: Hmm, I definitely want to use a chair to fight.
- Dream 14: And I want to break a table.
- Dream 15: A bad guy should say “I’ll remember this!” as he runs away.
- Dream 16: Of course, they come back to get revenge.
- Dream 17: I want that same bad guy to say “Boss! It’s him!”
- Dream 18: Then we go outside and there’s like 100 enemies.
- Dream 19: Before fighting I flick my button off like a badass.
- Dream 20: I don’t want to be good with nunchaku… for comedy. Annnnnnd….
- Dream 21: Something should fall all over one of the bad guys.
- Dream 22: I do some cool kicks.
- Dream 23: Then I knock one guy into a huge group of enemies.
- Dream 24: A guy comes out with, like, knives for hands.
- Dream 25: I fight him with vegetables, you know, for comedy.
- Dream 26: I do some team work with Jackie.
- Dream 27: Shotokan makes a cute face.
- Dream 28: Oh, and I definitely want to do something with wires.
- Dream 29: I’d like to throw a guy off a roof.
- Dream 30: I want to do a real stunt. Let’s see….
- Dream 31: A bunch of old-timey pots should break.
- Dream 32: Then I give a “thumbs-up.”
- Dream 33: Then I want to do that pose, you know, the one from that movie [Drunken Master].
- Dream 34: I want to train on one of those wooden men things.
- Dream 35: And do sword practice in front of a sunset.
- Dream 36: But get this! Then I lose…
- Dream 37: and say “Duì bù qǐ” to Jackie.
- Dream 38: In the end Jackie finishes off the head bad guy.
- Dream 39: Then there’s and explosion and… That should do it.