An Osaka man arrested over the discovery earlier this month of dismembered body parts of his wife and son has admitted placing their remains in metal containers and dumping them, reversing his earlier denial, police said Friday.
Yasutaka Fujimori, 57, who was arrested Monday and faces a preliminary charge of dumping parts of the corpse of his wife, Atsuyo, was quoted as telling investigators he cut up the bodies of his wife and son with an electric saw and kept them in the 18-liter containers before recently leaving them in various locations.
Fujimori previously said he didn’t dispose of any containers and had no knowledge of the whereabouts of his wife, who he said had left him.
Read the rest of the story: Man admits dumping body parts.
A 57-year-old unemployed Osaka man has been arrested in connection with the suspected murder of his wife and son, whom he had reported missing in 2006 and whose body parts were found in recent days in three 18-liter containers, police said.
They arrested Yasutaka Fujimori on Monday after identifying the remains in the metal containers as those of his wife, Atsuyo, who was 47 when she was reported missing, and their son, Nobuaki, who was 21.
Fujimori lived in a condominium near where one of the three containers was discovered in Tennoji Ward.
Read the rest of the story: Body parts of wife, son net man’s arrest.
Another human body part has been found in a suspected multiple murder case in Osaka, a left ankle in a container stored at a garbage disposal complex, police said.
The discovery of the ankle Monday added to the several dismembered parts of human bodies found in two similar 18-liter containers in Tennoji Ward the previous day.
Also Monday, a resident recounted seeing three people on a night in late July unloading two containers of similar size from a minivan in a parking lot near where one of the metal containers was found.
Read the rest of the story: Another body part turns up in Osaka.